Shortstown - 1-36 Greycote, Shortstown, Bedfordshire
Description of Works
The village of Shortstown was originally built by Short Brothers in 1917 for its workers, and evolved into a settlement for people who worked at nearby RAF Cardington
Lee Roofing were pleased to be appointed to carry out the replacement roofs and upgrading the roof insulation at the properties in Greycote, as part of bph2's planned maintenance programme. The project also required timber treatment to rafters and joists plus the re-rendering of chimneys.
Working in confined spaces and narrow streets in a busy thoroughfare. Premises occupied and, in many cases, by people whose language was not English.
The new roofing was carried out keeping the well known traditional style of roofs to these properties as they were originally built. Materials used were concrete Marley plain tiles.
The works included the re-rendering of Greycote's old roofs, removing skylights where required. Canopies were replaced with GRP. Access walkways were erected to provided accessibility to lofts for maintenance.